Tirumala Engineering College was established in the academic year 2001-02 with the noble aim of imparting quality education to the students in the areas of engineering and technology. It wishes that its students provide the necessary human capital for the contemporary technological world.
The college is affiliated to Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad (JNTUH). The college is also recognized by the government of Telangana. The college is located on a 12 acre spacious campus in the serene surroundings and pollution free environment of Bogaram village, Keesara mandal, Rangareddy district.
Tirumala Engineering College, a coeducational and privately owned educational organization, has dedicated itself to the education and training of students in engineering and technology for over 15 years. The college has more than 2000 _ faculty and — undergraduate, graduate & post graduate students. It has five departments offering courses in Computer Science Engineering, Electronics Communication Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Civil / Mechanical Engineering and MBA. The Humanities and Sciences (H&S) department offers courses in mathematics, sciences, Engineering drawing, Computer Programming and Data Structure and English language communication to the students of freshman engineering. The college has Computer Assisted Language (ELCS & ALCS) Labs (CALL) for the students of first year as well as the for third year engineering students. The college equips the students with the necessary communication skills required for the global technology industry.Goals of TEC:
- Enhanced career prospects for our students by equipping them with the necessary employability skills
- Career counselling so that the students make the right decision with their careers
- Keeping them updated with the relevant technology pedagogy so that they are industry ready
- An emphasis on postgraduate research for those who wish to pursue their masters abroad.
Tirumala Engineering College takes utmost care when it comes to the infrastructure.Class Rooms:
The College has well equipped with spacious and well-ventilated class rooms that can comfortably accommodate 60 students each. Each classroom is equipped with advanced pedagogical tools such as Overhead Projectors (OHP), C.C. Cameras etc. The classrooms are spacious enough to conduct various activities such as business games, group discussions, pair and team activities, simulations etc.General:
- The college has various committees like, Anti- Ragging Cell, Disciplinary Committee, Attendance Committee, Sports Committee, Counseling Cell and Students’ grievance cell to handle the problems of the students.
- The College provides mineral water to the students and staff.
- Separate hostel facilities are also available for both boys and girls.
- A stand-by 100 KV generator is available during power failure.
- The Institute has 15 vigilant security guards to maintain discipline and to prevent illegal thoroughfare in the campus throughout the college campus.
- Mini Projects and projects for the students based on the action learning approach.
- Ensures 24-hour Internet Facilities.
- Offers scholarships for B.C. EBC, S.C, S.T & Minority students.
- Separate hostel facility for Boys & Girls with homely atmosphere.
- 24 hrs. Security facility for staff and students in the campus.
- Apart from classroom teaching, separate coaching sessions and mock test for GATE, GRE and TOEFL.
- NSS units are formed separate CRT classes are conducted to B.Tech III yr & IV yr students.
- Well-equipped seminar hall.
- Disciplinary Committee.
- Medical facility.
- Separate waiting rooms for female staff and students.
- Biometric system adopted to ensure regularity and full time presence of faculty and staff on campus.
- Regular monthly report to parents on students’ progress through SMS.
- Separate reference library for each department.
- Professional Academic Councils.
- Technical Associations are formed to promote professional activities in each department.
- Anti- Ragging Committee active round the year.
- Parent- teacher review meeting on Saturdays.
- Mineral drinking water provided to all students.
- LCD & OHP based pedagogy.
- Guest lectures by eminent speakers & experts from industry and academia across the country to make students aware of the current needs of engineering profession.